Biomass and heat trade statistics October of 2021
- The value of the BWCS (Baltpool Wood Chips SPOT) LT index has reached 23.08 EUR/MWh. Compared to its value in September, the index has increased by 17.6%, and compared to the results of the same period last year, the value of the index has increased by 160%.
- Compared to the results of September, the total amount of delivered biomass has increased by 34% to 503,080 MWh (33.05% of the amount was delivered under long-term contracts). Compared to the same period last year, the amount of delivered biomass has decreased by 3%.
- The current average supply price for the 2021-2022 heating season is 19.30 EUR/MWh. Compared to the heating seasons of 2020-2021, biomass supply price has increased by 78%.
- In September and October, prices in Poland (Suwalki region) amounted to 22.44 EUR/Mwh.
- Compared to 2020, in September and October, activity has increased among foreign sellers in the Lithuanian market, particularly that of Latvia.
- The activity of Latvian sellers in Lithuania has doubled. 537 contracts were concluded for 512,890 MWh. Latvian sellers are actively participating in both long-term and short-term contracts.